COVID Protocols Ellington Cottage
Outlined below are the protocols and strategies put into place as we begin to return to normal business operation. These will align with latest regulations and advisories related to COVID-19 and how this affects staff and participants in accordance with University, state, and federal regulations and recommendations.
Any individual entering Ellington Cottage ensures prior that they are not showing any COVID-19 symptoms. Any individual who may be sick, or may have had contact with anyone who is sick, is to refrain from entering the building. Four Arrows staff reserve the right to ask any individual to leave the site if exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or not able/not willing to follow protocols outlined below.
Maintain 6 feet of distance between others. No handshaking or physical greetings. Please maintain physical distancing at all times even during breaks.
Any individual in Ellington Cottage is required to wear minimally a cloth face covering over their nose and mouth. CDC provides guidance of how to wear cloth face coverings and minimize risk when removing them. Additional details specific to UConn can be found through the Environmental Health and Safety COVID-19 Resources page.
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Our space has three bathrooms with signage to indicate this information. You may also use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol. A hands-free sanitizing station will be set up at the main entrance of Ellington Cottage.
Cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash or sanitize hands, if no tissue is available then cough into your elbow. Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with your hands. Clean and disinfect shared objects after each use.
Signage and Visual Indicators
Ellington Cottage will have designated postings related to COVID-19 about expectations in keeping the community safe, COVID-19 symptoms, hand washing, sanitizing, and how to move in the space to maintain physical distancing.
Reduction in Space Capacity
Space capacity has been greatly reduced to effectively manage the required physical distancing of people. The maximum number of people in each space will be posted, is available online, and will be a component of the reservation process.
Four Arrows Staff Responsibilities
- Will follow all designated requirements already outlined in accordance to COVID-protocols of Ellington Cottage
- Staff will be provided with personal protective equipment (PPE) specific to COVID-19 mitigation
- Staff will be trained on all necessary mandatory health and safety requirements updated by regulatory agencies
- Daily health screening – staff will be required to fill out a questionnaire prior to reporting into work each day to verify there are no symptoms as outlined by the CDC. We will require a daily personal temperature check
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting process of facility spaces and equipment